This footage of Chicago in the 1940’s plays like a love letter and gives us an amazing look back in time. It’s inspiring to see how our skyline has changed while so many neighborhoods, museums and parks have remained the same.
Join us on July 18th & 19th for the annual, neighborhood wide Lincoln Park Sidewalk Sale!
You never know what you’ll find on our sale table, it’s always crammed with great stuff at crazy good prices. Lots of deals and fun all around Lincoln Park, along Armitage, Halsted and Webster, you don’t want to miss it.
Please join us in-store on Saturday June 6th for an Uno de 50 trunk show.
10am- 6pm at Art Effect 934 W. Armitage Ave. Chicago 60614
We’re excited to bring this iconic Spanish jewelry line to Chicago! Join us on the 6th to shop special pieces brought in from Madrid exclusively for the event. The extensive line features a range of styles from simple bangles to statement necklaces and earrings starting at $69. A representative from Uno de 50 will join us in-store to help you find the perfect piece and style your selections. Uno de 50 designers combine a modern sensibility with traditional artistry to appeal to women of all ages.
Get a sneak peek at the Uno de 50 trunk show with the collection in store now. The handcrafted jewelry is plated in Silver or Gold and incorporates Swarovski Elements crystals and leather into the looks. Shop now to find your next favorite wear-everyday style, or a perfect gift for someone special. We love to stack Uno de 50 bracelets, the mix of textures and shapes create endless styling possibilities.
The brand was created in the late 90’s by a team of designers striving to create something unique. The first Uno de 50 collections limited production to fifty pieces of each design. Over the years, as the brand grew and demand increased, they produced larger quantities, but continue to create editions of 50 for special pieces each season. The line is completely handmade in Spain with great attention to detail. Uno de 50’s signature process uses a metal alloy cast in hand carved molds. The cast pieces are plated with 15 micron Sterling Silver or 3 micron Gold. Today the line is sold in 40 countries and has been featured in Vogue, Elle, and Marie Claire.
Save the date for our June 6th Trunk show and Shop Uno de 50 online.
Hiring: Full Time and Part Time Sales Associates
Our ideal candidates are enthusiastic and outgoing, with a positive attitude and tons of fashion sense. Must have prior sales experience in women’s clothing, preferable with a fast paced and upscale boutique. Must have excellent people skills, a great work ethic and be extremely serious about working in retail. Weekend availability is required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to jobs(at)shoparteffect.com
Hiring: Full time cashier
We are looking for a committed, full-time cashier to work in our fast paced retail store. Our ideal candidate is an organized multitasker experienced with retail POS systems, gift wrapping and merchandising. Weekend availability is required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to jobs(at)shoparteffect.com
All positions located at our Lincoln Park store front in Chicago.
Update: The sales manager position has been filled.
Update your spring and summer wardrobe!
Shop with us this weekend 4/17/15 – 4/19/15, and save 20% off the price of clothes when you purchase two or more apparel items. When shopping for clothes two is always better than one. Pick out a top to pair with that bottom, or a cardi to wear over a dress… whatever you pair, you’ll save!
Save 20% on full priced and sale items. Discount cannot be combined with April Cash or other offers. Shopping online? No coupon code needed. Your discount will not be shown in checkout, but will be applied before you are charged!
Indigo is the color of the season. We’re crushing on blue for spring and summer, mixing blue jeans with chambray or indigo prints you can’t go wrong with the color of the sea and sky.
|Edera Slim Overall from Mavi||Chambray Dress from Bella Dahl
||Claire Jean Jacket from Mavi
Check our Pinterest to see how we’re living with blue.
Time to start your Spring shopping!
Shop now and we’ll give you $20 mad cash to spend with us in April!
Spend $100 or more before tax, on a single transaction with us between 3/13 & 3/31 to receive a $20 credit good toward a purchase in April. Limit one credit per customer, not redeemable for cash. Happy Shopping!
Make a statement with our most colorful jewelry with gems in every hue of the rainbow.
Consider gems in lush green to add a fresh vibrancy to your style. (Outside to in)
1) A chunky strand of mottled gemstone beads from Avindy with a faceted Citrine stone and links of Peruvian Opal nuggets. $195.00 in-store or online.
2) The natural variation of color in the natural stones add interest to this simple necklace from Joseph Brooks Jewelry. Faceted chunks of Green Aventurine Quartz strung on a Sterling cable chain. $135.00 in-store or online.
3) This pretty necklace from Anna Balkan features a trio of cushion cut Citrine and Chalcedonia clustered on a Gold Fill rosary style chain with Pyrite stones. All the colors of a sunny summer day! $92.00 in-store or online.
4) A faceted drop of green Perdot strung on a brown cord. This simple style from Margaret Solow is a brilliant way to add sophistication to your everyday look. $135.00 in-store.
Choose red when you want to stand out! Fiery red gems can be playful or sultry. (Outside to in)
1) Faceted chunks of Red Jasper strung on a Sterling cable chain from Joseph Brooks. The simple design highlights the true essence of each handpicked stone to amplify natural properties and energies. $135.00 in-store or online.
2) Dainty drops of prismatic Quartz dangle from a contrasting Oxidized Silver chain. This fun style from Anna Balkan adds lots of color to everyday. $70.00 in-store or online.
3) A juicy Ruby Quartz is bezel set in Gold on a contrasting Oxidized Silver chain. This style from Anna Balkan is perfect for layering. $70.00 in-store or online.
4) This cheerful necklace from Anna Balkan features a colorful trio of cushion cut Citrine, Chalcedonia, and Rose Quartz clustered on a Gold Fill rosary style chain with Labradorite stones. $92.00 in-store or online.
Consider gems in cool blue to add a refreshing and calming color element to your look. (Outside to in)
1) The natural variation of blues in the natural Dumortierite stones add interest to this simple necklace from Joseph Brooks Jewelry. $135.00 in-store or online.
2) A clear round blue Quartz is bezel set on a Gold fill chain. This style from Anna Balkan is perfect for layering. $70.00 in-store or online.
3) The simplest styles from Margaret Solow are a brilliant way to add sophistication and subtle color pops to your everyday look. A faceted drop of Amethest strung on a brown cord. $125.00 in-store.
Don’t be a shrinking violet! Shop all our colorful necklace options!
Join the Art Effect team!
We are looking for a committed, full-time cashier to work in our fast paced retail store. Our ideal candidate is a multitasker with tons of enthusiasm, a great work ethic and an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Prior sales experience in contemporary women’s clothing or gifts and availability to work weekends is a must. We are looking for a responsible, detail-oriented fashionista who loves working with people and has experience with retail POS systems, gift wrapping and merchandising.
Update: The position is filled.
Now that the holidays have come and gone, the last thing you should be doing is shopping, right? Wrong! The sale section of Art Effect is packed with amazing, guilt-free pieces that will help you step up your style in 2015. It was a difficult decision, but I’ve put together three amazing outfits using my favorite sale pieces. The prices are low, but the style is high. Merry Christmas to you!
- Sam & Lavi top, was $156, now $117
- Honey Punch skirt, was $68, now $51
- Just USA vest, was $60, now $18
- Necklace $45
I love the cool contrast in this look—it’s feminine and edgy and on-trend all at once. The floral top adds sweetness to the metallic pleather skirt, but the denim vest keeps it casual. A great statement necklace with colors echoing those in the top ties it all together.
I’d finish off the outfit with some nude flats or wedges or light brown boots—perfect for brunch with the girls. While it’s cold, you could also rock it with tights and booties. However, I think the look is best kept as something to look forward to when the weather warms up—dark tights could weigh it down.
All of these items are also super versatile. The vest would look great over a floral dress or maxi, the top with skinny or boyfriend jeans, and the skirt with almost any color top. Of course, that statement necklace dazzles with everything.
- Angel Eye dress, was $94, now $47
- Angela William hat, was $52, now $39
- Bracelet was $48, now $24
I’m head over heels for this dress—it’s under $50 and it looks like it came off of a recent Dolce & Gabbana runway! The print is fabulous, the fit-and-flare shape is so flattering, and the long sleeves keep it chic. It can be worn for dressy occassions or for every day.
I’ve styled a casual, boho-chic look here. A brown floppy hat is effortless looking and on-trend, and this bracelet combines feminine and earthy vibes (just like the dress!) with its high shine and cute fabric tassel. Finish the look with some tall, brown boots and a crossbody bag.
This frock would also look great with a thick, brown belt or knit tights and ankle booties. For a dressier occasion, pair it with some tall wedge sandals and big earrings or a long, layered necklace and you’re ready to go!
- Dance & Marvel sweatshirt, was $78, now $39
- Henry & Belle jeans, were $148, now $111
- Wanted sneakers, were $50, now $25
- Earrings, $20
Let me introduce your new favorite weekend outfit! This is no average sweatshirt. It’s made of trendy neoprene, has metallic mesh detailing along the torso, and is a cool floral print. Keep all the focus on this statement piece with a great pair of black skinny jeans (for an extra-stylish look, cuff them at the ankles) and sleek accessories.
I love simply chic, geometric gold earrings that mimic the netting with this top. Their simplicity plays off the wild sweatshirt in an unexpected, chic way. Metallic slip-on sneakers fit in with both the sparkle and the athletic vibe of the rest of the look. You could also finish the outfit with some flat black ankle boots or ballet flats.
As wild as it is, you can still wear this sweatshirt a number of different ways. It would look chic with a black mini skirt and boots, or with a white button down peeking out from underneath. You could also rock it with pleather leggings or distressed blue jeans.
I was honestly overwhelmed by all the great pieces on the sale rack at Art Effect right now, so I’d recommend heading over ASAP and making some more outfits of your own! Happy shopping, everyone!
Katy is a sophomore at Haverford College in Pennsylvania majoring in English. She loves fashion and is proud to be from Chicago! In addition to her own personal style blog, (http://katyherman.wordpress.com/), she writes for the online magazine College Fashion. She’d love to work for a print fashion magazine as a stylist and editor one day.