Time to start your Spring shopping!
Shop now and we’ll give you $20 mad cash to spend with us in April!
Spend $100 or more before tax, on a single transaction with us between 3/13 & 3/31 to receive a $20 credit good toward a purchase in April. Limit one credit per customer, not redeemable for cash. Happy Shopping!
Make a statement with our most colorful jewelry with gems in every hue of the rainbow.
Consider gems in lush green to add a fresh vibrancy to your style. (Outside to in)
1) A chunky strand of mottled gemstone beads from Avindy with a faceted Citrine stone and links of Peruvian Opal nuggets. $195.00 in-store or online.
2) The natural variation of color in the natural stones add interest to this simple necklace from Joseph Brooks Jewelry. Faceted chunks of Green Aventurine Quartz strung on a Sterling cable chain. $135.00 in-store or online.
3) This pretty necklace from Anna Balkan features a trio of cushion cut Citrine and Chalcedonia clustered on a Gold Fill rosary style chain with Pyrite stones. All the colors of a sunny summer day! $92.00 in-store or online.
4) A faceted drop of green Perdot strung on a brown cord. This simple style from Margaret Solow is a brilliant way to add sophistication to your everyday look. $135.00 in-store.
Choose red when you want to stand out! Fiery red gems can be playful or sultry. (Outside to in)
1) Faceted chunks of Red Jasper strung on a Sterling cable chain from Joseph Brooks. The simple design highlights the true essence of each handpicked stone to amplify natural properties and energies. $135.00 in-store or online.
2) Dainty drops of prismatic Quartz dangle from a contrasting Oxidized Silver chain. This fun style from Anna Balkan adds lots of color to everyday. $70.00 in-store or online.
3) A juicy Ruby Quartz is bezel set in Gold on a contrasting Oxidized Silver chain. This style from Anna Balkan is perfect for layering. $70.00 in-store or online.
4) This cheerful necklace from Anna Balkan features a colorful trio of cushion cut Citrine, Chalcedonia, and Rose Quartz clustered on a Gold Fill rosary style chain with Labradorite stones. $92.00 in-store or online.
Consider gems in cool blue to add a refreshing and calming color element to your look. (Outside to in)
1) The natural variation of blues in the natural Dumortierite stones add interest to this simple necklace from Joseph Brooks Jewelry. $135.00 in-store or online.
2) A clear round blue Quartz is bezel set on a Gold fill chain. This style from Anna Balkan is perfect for layering. $70.00 in-store or online.
3) The simplest styles from Margaret Solow are a brilliant way to add sophistication and subtle color pops to your everyday look. A faceted drop of Amethest strung on a brown cord. $125.00 in-store.
Don’t be a shrinking violet! Shop all our colorful necklace options!
Join the Art Effect team!
We are looking for a committed, full-time cashier to work in our fast paced retail store. Our ideal candidate is a multitasker with tons of enthusiasm, a great work ethic and an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Prior sales experience in contemporary women’s clothing or gifts and availability to work weekends is a must. We are looking for a responsible, detail-oriented fashionista who loves working with people and has experience with retail POS systems, gift wrapping and merchandising.
Update: The position is filled.
Now that the holidays have come and gone, the last thing you should be doing is shopping, right? Wrong! The sale section of Art Effect is packed with amazing, guilt-free pieces that will help you step up your style in 2015. It was a difficult decision, but I’ve put together three amazing outfits using my favorite sale pieces. The prices are low, but the style is high. Merry Christmas to you!
- Sam & Lavi top, was $156, now $117
- Honey Punch skirt, was $68, now $51
- Just USA vest, was $60, now $18
- Necklace $45
I love the cool contrast in this look—it’s feminine and edgy and on-trend all at once. The floral top adds sweetness to the metallic pleather skirt, but the denim vest keeps it casual. A great statement necklace with colors echoing those in the top ties it all together.
I’d finish off the outfit with some nude flats or wedges or light brown boots—perfect for brunch with the girls. While it’s cold, you could also rock it with tights and booties. However, I think the look is best kept as something to look forward to when the weather warms up—dark tights could weigh it down.
All of these items are also super versatile. The vest would look great over a floral dress or maxi, the top with skinny or boyfriend jeans, and the skirt with almost any color top. Of course, that statement necklace dazzles with everything.
- Angel Eye dress, was $94, now $47
- Angela William hat, was $52, now $39
- Bracelet was $48, now $24
I’m head over heels for this dress—it’s under $50 and it looks like it came off of a recent Dolce & Gabbana runway! The print is fabulous, the fit-and-flare shape is so flattering, and the long sleeves keep it chic. It can be worn for dressy occassions or for every day.
I’ve styled a casual, boho-chic look here. A brown floppy hat is effortless looking and on-trend, and this bracelet combines feminine and earthy vibes (just like the dress!) with its high shine and cute fabric tassel. Finish the look with some tall, brown boots and a crossbody bag.
This frock would also look great with a thick, brown belt or knit tights and ankle booties. For a dressier occasion, pair it with some tall wedge sandals and big earrings or a long, layered necklace and you’re ready to go!
- Dance & Marvel sweatshirt, was $78, now $39
- Henry & Belle jeans, were $148, now $111
- Wanted sneakers, were $50, now $25
- Earrings, $20
Let me introduce your new favorite weekend outfit! This is no average sweatshirt. It’s made of trendy neoprene, has metallic mesh detailing along the torso, and is a cool floral print. Keep all the focus on this statement piece with a great pair of black skinny jeans (for an extra-stylish look, cuff them at the ankles) and sleek accessories.
I love simply chic, geometric gold earrings that mimic the netting with this top. Their simplicity plays off the wild sweatshirt in an unexpected, chic way. Metallic slip-on sneakers fit in with both the sparkle and the athletic vibe of the rest of the look. You could also finish the outfit with some flat black ankle boots or ballet flats.
As wild as it is, you can still wear this sweatshirt a number of different ways. It would look chic with a black mini skirt and boots, or with a white button down peeking out from underneath. You could also rock it with pleather leggings or distressed blue jeans.
I was honestly overwhelmed by all the great pieces on the sale rack at Art Effect right now, so I’d recommend heading over ASAP and making some more outfits of your own! Happy shopping, everyone!
Katy is a sophomore at Haverford College in Pennsylvania majoring in English. She loves fashion and is proud to be from Chicago! In addition to her own personal style blog, (http://katyherman.wordpress.com/), she writes for the online magazine College Fashion. She’d love to work for a print fashion magazine as a stylist and editor one day.
Big things come in little boxes! Our favorite gifts sparkle and shine with diamonds, gold and silver.
When only the very best will do, consider this stunning jade beaded necklace from Aviva Rose. The leaf pendant is Sterling glittering with pave Diamonds. $750.00 in-store.
A less conventional pick is this Diamond studded tulip petal necklace from Swallow. The sculptural pendant is a stunning conversation starter the perfect gift for an offbeat style star. $400.00 in-store or online.
Dainty charms to fit any personality, these delicate necklaces will become wear everyday favorites and can be layered with other pieces.
Hand carved key pendant from Avindy is stamped on the back with tiny letters reading “Peace” and studded with a single White Topaz. A lovely gift for $125.00 in-store or online.
A classic token of affection is given a modern edge with the addition of an oversized jumpring and Oxidized Silver chain. Zoe Chicco’s hinged 14k yellow gold tiny heart locket features an engraved starburst and white diamond in the center. This sweet remembrance is $375.00 in-store or online.
Show fierce love with the gift of Workhorse Jewel’s Rose Gold dagger pendant. The hilt is studded with Black Diamonds adding to the drama of this iconic necklace. $395.00 in-store.
Dainty bindi teardrop studs from Freida Rothman are elegant for day or night in Black Rhodium and 14k Gold Plated Sterling Silver. $70.00 in-store or online.
Flat Gold plated hoops stamped with a charming floral motif on both sides. These boho earrings from Lulu designs are $120.00 sold out.
A hand hammered gold topaz oval charm accents this Avindy wrap bracelet. Wraps around wrists three times with spinel, cream mottled aquamarine, gold pyrite and rustic gold brass accents. This versitle piece can also be worn as a necklace. $175.00 in-store or online.
Find more gifts that sparkle in our jewelry section!
Some of our favorite things are small! Shop our best stocking stuffers for girls of all ages:
1. Handcrafted, artisan soap created by the Soap & Paper Factory for Patch NYC in a lush holiday scent!
Stag Soap, $16.00
2. Inspired by a European pastry wrapper, this cute little trinket dish has a black heart graphic.
Sweet Nothings Porcelain Tray, $10.00
3. Because everything that actually matters can fit onto a sticky note…
OMG Knock Knock Sticky Notes, $3.75
4. These simple, blackened studs from Tai are an elegant style for everyday.
Black Stick Stud Earrings, $45.00
5. Tiny golden book from Kate Spade to fill with thoughts, sketches and to-do lists.
“It’s Written in the Stars” Mini Notebook, $14.00
6. A glossy, non-sticky lip balm with a minty taste from Rosebud.
Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm, $7.00
7. Adorable little roll-on perfume from “I am” in a bright and happy scent.
I Am Free Roll On Perfume, $24.00
8. Natural nail polish from Crabtree & Evelyn in a fun color.
Deep Ocean Nail Lacquer, $6.50 in-store
9. Fresh as a brisk morning walk in the woods, cozy as an evening by a roaring fire, a festive scent for celebrating the season!
Patch NYC Stag Votive Candle, $16.00
10. Adorable little roll-on perfume from “I am” in a tempting sweet scent.
I Am Naughty Roll On Perfume, $24.00
11. This colorful mirror compact is a witty addition to makeup bags everywhere.
Knock Knock Face It Mirror, $10.00
12. Formulated to aid in protecting and moisturizing with a sweet strawberry scent.
Smith’s Strawberry Lip Balm, $7.00
13. Cheap and chic bling for everyday!
Rhinestone stud earrings, $8.00 in-store
14. A keychain for babes, a must have.
Ban.do Mega Babe Keychain, $12.00
15. This soft penguin chick has the softest grey fur, a sweet little friend to snuggle with.
Jellycat Small Bashful Penguin, $15.00
16. Cute little pocketable notepad featuring blank tear-away sheets and a small pocket in the front cover.
Rifle Paper Co. Composition Notebook, $7.00
18. Natural nail polish from Crabtree & Evelyn in a bright pink color.
Raspberry Nail Lacquer, $6.50 in-store
19. Because everything that actually matters can fit onto a sticky note…
Mine Knock Knock Sticky Notes, $3.75 in-store
We’ve rounded up our best gift ideas for all the ‘hard to shop for’ guys on your holiday lists!
1.This book by certified sommelier, Melanie Wagner, will help uninitiated guys feel like a boss when ordering wine in a restaurant. “Hello, Wine” $24.95 available in-store.
2. A perfect little gift for the hipster cyclist in your life, “Bike Snob” is full of hilarious rants about bike culture and includes stickers. Hardback book, $16.95.
3. Ice melts, whisky rocks… natural soapstone Whisky Stones keep spirits perfectly chilled without diluting them. A gift for the serious imbiber, or man who has everything. $25.00.
4. A man who works hard, and plays hard, needs a hard working soap! Duke Cannon Supply Co. fits the bill. Big a** bricks of masculine scented soap are $8.00 each.
5. The world’s smallest RC helicopter is fun for little guys and big guys who refuse to grow up. $32.00 in-store.
6. Double-walled stainless steel S’well bottles keep beverages cold or hot. The wood grain pattern makes this a perfect gift for outdoorsy guys! $35.00
8. A simple yet remarkably functional product from For Life Design, these colorful Coffee Presses make great gifts. $48.00 to make cafe quality coffee at home.
Need more gift ideas? Check out our For Guys section!
A message from our owner:
“Believe what they say, 30 years goes by in the blink of an eye. But when I think back on the beginnings of Art Effect it seems like decades ago! Art Effect started as a wearable art gallery, showcasing clothing and accessories made by Chicago artists. Very 80′s! We have evolved over the years, always changing with our customers interests and now carry contemporary clothing, jewelry, accessories and an incredible gift selection. Much of our jewelry is still artist made.
I have evolved from a young, energy filled, black haired woman to an older, less energized, white haired woman! But still love everyday as an entrepreneur. We have made our home on Armitage and really feel like we helped define the neighborhood. We love seeing our longtime clients bringing in their grownup children and grandchildren. And the new crop of Art Effect shoppers always make us feel young and relevant. We are so grateful to all of them in contributing to our successful 30 years.”
- Esther Fishman
The first 30 customers to spend over $100 with us on Saturday the 22nd will be presented with a fabulous goodie bag. Raffle prizes will be given every hour, the longer you shop, the greater your chance to win! Eight prizes including a pair of Avindy earrings, Henry and Belle jeans, and a set of Illume candles will be given away. No purchase necessary, but you must be be present to win!
Shop a special selection from two of our favorite local designers, Aviva Rose Jewelry and Henry & Belle Jeans. Save 20% on your trunk show order when you purchase two items from Aviva Rose and/or two items from Henry & Belle. Just in time for the Holidays, take one for yourself and we’ll wrap one as a gift for someone special.
Hope to see you there, RSVP on facebook and bring a friend!
Our friends at Racked Chicago have given us an award. They’ve voted Art Effect as the Best Place to Shop For The Friend Who Has Everything! We couldn’t agree more, we have something for everyone on your list. From unique little pick-me-up gifts to memorable wedding presents and everything in-between, you’ll find it at Art Effect. Our signature gift wrapping with a spring of eucalyptus is lovely to boot!
Here’s what they had to say about us:
Birthdays, Christmas… Shopping for the friend who has everything can be quite the task. Thankfully there’s Art Effect in Lincoln Park.
The boutique carries a fun, whimsical assortment of goods ranging from home decor to womenswear. You’ll find plenty of speciality items and cards perfect for that inside joke. There are also dozens of lovely candles and apothecary items; you can never have too many of those and one size fits all. The merchandise changes often, so whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend or yourself, this shop is always worth a visit.